Closing date: February 1, 2024
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study:
- Study area: OGS – available for all disciplines of academic study; available to Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and International students.
- QEII-GSST – available specifically for students in a research-based graduate program in one of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) disciplines; only available to Canadian Citizens/Permanent residents.
1.Each OGS and QEII-GSST is valued at a maximum of $15,000 per year. The award is paid as $5,000 per term for either two or three terms.
2.Waterloo celebrates outstanding academic achievement of its graduate students by offering the President’s Graduate Scholarship (PGS) to students receiving an OGS or QEII-GSST.
Description: The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) programs encourage excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario. Both programs are jointly funded by the Ontario government and participating institutions. The government contributes two-thirds of the value of the awards and the university provides the remaining one-third.Students are considered for the OGS and QEII-GSST at Waterloo by using one application. Both scholarships are of equal prestige.
- International applicants must hold a valid study permit under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada).
- Domestic applicants must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
2.Minimum Academic Requirements
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average (minimum of A-/80%), in EACH of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent).
- Eligibility averages are calculated using grades from your most-recent academic history up to August 31, 2023, regardless of program or relevance to your current or proposed program. Waterloo is required to adhere to these parameters as dictated by Ontario’s Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU).
How to apply: apply online