Closing date: October 30, 2024
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: All levels of study
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: The value of the scholarship is $12,000 and paid out to recipient as one-time payment. Student must have a Canadian bank account to be eligible to receive the award.
Description: The new Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta.
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or an International student with a study permit
• Students may reside within or outside of Alberta
• Students may be enrolled and taking classes remotely/online or in-person
• Current students must be registered full-time in Fall 2020 and/or Winter 2021 terms. Newly admitted January 2021 students must be registered full-time in Winter 2021. Note: Students who are registered with Student Accessibility Services or have a documented need for accommodation, can apply if they are enrolled in at least 40% of a full course load
• Must demonstrate academic excellence, as evidenced by one or more of the following:
o Current students must have earned a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.3 or greater over the most recent 15 units of course weight in current program. Where there is less than 15 graded credits in current program, admission GPA (AGPA) is a weighted factor. Newly admitted students in which graded coursework is not yet available in the current program, the Admission GPA (AGPA) will be used.
o Research and/or academic contributions that may include published manuscripts, presentations, posters, exhibitions, community engagement, performances; and,
o Previous record of scholarly achievement through awards, scholarships, prizes, among others.
• Must be registered in years 1-4 of the master’s program or registered in years 1-6 of the doctoral program during the tenure of the scholarship
• Students registered in a graduate certificate that can ladder into a Master’s degree program are also eligible
How to apply: apply on-line